BASICALLY, ORGANIZATIONAL COORDINATION AND CONTROL IS TAKING A SYSTEMATIC APPROACH TO FIGURING OUT…
Many People Are Averse to Management “Control”
New, more “organic” forms or organizations (self-organizing organizations, self-managed teams, network organizations, etc.) allow organizations to be more responsive and adaptable in today’s rapidly changing world. These forms also cultivate empowerment among employees, much more than the hierarchical, rigidly structured organizations of the past.
Many people assert that as the nature of organizations has changed, so must the nature of management control. Some people go so far as to claim that management shouldn’t exercise any form of control whatsoever. They claim that management should exist to support employee’s efforts to be fully productive members of organizations and communities — therefore, any form of control is completely counterproductive to management and employees.
Some people even react strongly against the phrase “management control”. The word itself can have a negative connotation, e.g., it can sound dominating, coercive and heavy-handed. It seems that writers of management literature now prefer use of the term “coordinating” rather than “controlling”.
“Coordination” Must Exist or There’s No Organization — Only an “Experience”
Q.2 Veer Prabhakar is the Vice President of web bazaar, online portal for 
shopping of various products. He has team of 100 people at different
levels and departments. He is facing certain challenges.
To maintain motivation levels of sales associated who are doing good sales
How to deal with the supply chain associates who are not following up
properly for order delivery. (Currently, they are getting Cell Phone
allowance for consistence follow-up after office hours)
To deal with the people who keep taking leaves without prior information.
Suggest suitable methods to shape employee behavior. 
Q.3 Write a detailed note on Myers-Briggs type indicator 
Q.4 Explain the factors influencing perception 
Q.5 Describe the leadership Grid with the help of the diagram 
Q.6 Given below are certain observations done by an OD consultant for an organization dealing with manufacturing of tyres. She makes the following observations about two key people in the organization.
1. Mr. Raovikram – He is a very friendly person and encourages his team members by giving them recommendations and appreciation. This helps HR to decide about giving a bonus or promotion to employees.
2. Mr. Ranjan kumar- He is an aggressive person. He frequently loses his temper. Ritu observes that he frequently punishes the non-performers and also gives them warnings regarding suspension etc.Now explain what base of power Mr. Raovikram and Mr. Ranjan Kumar belong to. Explain the type of power they use often. 
Master of Business Administration-MBA Semester 1
MB0038 – Management Process and Organization Behavior – 4 Credits
(Book ID: B1127)
Assignment Set- 2 (60 Marks)
Note: Each question carries 10 Marks. Answer all the questions.
Q.1 Write a detailed note on management theories developed during classical Era. 
Q.2 . Write a short note on: 
(a) Contemporary work cohort (b) Alexithymia
Q.3 Mr. Khanna wants to improve his conflict management skills. He visits a consultant to help him. He gives the list of situations to the consultant.
The situations are:1. When quick, decisive action is vital (e.g., emergencies).
2. On important issues where unpopular actions need implementing (e.g., cost cutting, enforcing unpopular rules, discipline).
3. To merge insights from people with different perspectives.
4. When you perceive no chance of satisfying your concerns.
5. When issues are more important to others than to you – to satisfy others and maintain cooperation.
6. To gain commitment by incorporating concerns into a consensus.
7. On issues vital to company welfare when you know you are right.
Master of Business Administration – Semester I
MB0039 – Business Communication (4 credits)
Assignment – Set 1 Marks 60
Note: Each Question carries 10 marks each
1. Briefly describe any situation in your own experience where the communication failed because the non-verbal behavior sent a negative message. Which aspect of non-verbal communication contributed to the failure? How would you correct this? (10 marks)
The following example illustrates an organizational barrier to communication. By the time the message is passed down from the Chief to the lower level Executives, it is distorted completely, so much so that the original message is interpreted differently by each level in the organization.
Memo from CEO to Manager: Today at 11 o’clock there will be a total eclipse of the sun. This is when the sun disappears behind the moon for 2 minutes. As this is something that cannot be seen every day, time will be allowed for employees to view the eclipse in the parking lot. Staff should meet in the lot at ten to eleven, when I will deliver a short speech introducing the eclipse, and giving some background information. Safety goggles will be made available at a small cost.
Memo from Manager to Department Head: Today at ten to eleven, all staff should meet in the car park. This will be followed by a total eclipse of the sun, which will appear for 2 minutes. For a moderate cost, they will be made safe with goggles. The CEO will deliver a short speech beforehand to give us all some information. This is not something that can be seen everyday.
2. What are the biggest barriers that prevent you from listening effectively? Explain how you could overcome these barriers. (10 marks)
3. List and briefly describe the five most important guidelines, in your opinion, to be followed when making oral business presentations. (10 marks).
4. You are a management trainee reporting to the Marketing Manager of an organization. You have been asked to go through business publications and summarize articles related to Branding. Explain the purpose of reading in this case and the type of reading that you will be required to do. (10 marks).
5. In your opinion, what are the five most common mistakes made during business meetings. Justify your answer. (10 marks)
6. Select any article from a business publication and prepare a summary of it in one fourth its size.. Write this in the form of a one page memo, addressed to your professor. Attach the original article with your assignment.(10 marks).