the role of technology in HCM in a specific organization
For this assessment, you will write a 2–3-page report about the role of technology in HCM in a specific organization. The purpose of the report is to help management better understand the intersection of technology and HCM.
HCM Workforce Technology Trends
The following resources provide information about current trends in workforce technology.
- Workforce Management and Workforce Development Practices.
- Deloitte University Press. (2014). Global human capital trends 2014. Retrieved from http://dupress.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/Glob…
- Lombardi, M., & Laurano, M. (2013). Human capital management trends 2013: It’s a brave new world. Retrieved from http://www.aberdeen.com/assets/report-preview/8101-RA-human-capital- management.pdf
- Roberts, B. (2011). Mobile workforce management? HR Magazine, 56(3), 67–70.
- Robinson, S., & Stubberud, H. A. (2012). Millennial workforce: Communicating and multitasking. International Journal of Management & Information Systems, 16(4), 307–316.
HCM Workforce Technology Strategies
The following resources provide information about workforce technology strategies.
- Carruth, P. J., & Carruth, A. K. (2013). Educational and ? Financial impact of technology on workforce development. American Journal of Business Education, 6(5), 513–520.
HCM Workforce Technology for Reporting
The following resources provide information about workforce technology for reporting.
- Crist-Grundman, D., & Mulrooney, G. (2011).E?ective workforce management starts with leveraging technology, while sta?ng optimization requires true collaboration. Nursing Economics, 29(4), 195–200.
- McCrea, B. (2014). LMS research: Tackling workforce management with technology. Logistics Management, 53(7), 58.
In this assessment, analyze the role of technology in HCM. In a 2–3-page report, help the management better understand the role of technology in HCM in an organization of your choice.
In your report, do the following:
- Create the business context by providing a brief overview of the business goals of the organization and the value HCM strategies and tools bring to the organization.
- Assess the HCM business systems in this organization that rely on technology. Include a short discussion of the systems that run smoothly, and identify opportunities for improvement.
- State the best practices connected to technology in HCM that would be a good fit for this organization. Explain why. Support with examples about workforce management and workforce development from relevant sources in your analysis.
Your report should follow a logical structure and be evidence based. Follow the MEAL Plan for Academic Papers (linked in the left-hand navigation menu) to help guide the organization of your response.
Be sure your report adheres to the following guidelines:
- Written communication: Written communication should be free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- APA formatting: Resources and in-text citations should be formatted according to APA sixth edition style and formatting.
- Length: The report should be 2–3 pages in content length. Include a separate title page and a separate references page.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point, double-spaced. Use Microsoft Word.
- Number of resources: Use a minimum of two scholarly resources.