16. Which intervention method listed below is the most definitive of all third-party interventions?
A) fact finding
C) non-binding arbitration
D) binding arbitration
E) interest arbitration
17. When managers identify a trait associated with work-place accidents and then use this trait as part of the selection process for new hires, they are using ________ to reduce unsafe acts.
A) job rotation
C) incentive programs
D) responding to employee suggestions
18) What employers are bound by the Drug-Free Workplace Act to ensure a drug-free workplace?
A) employers in private schools
B) employers who hire workers under 21
C) employers who have night shifts
D) employers with federal government contracts
E) all employers
19) Which of the following is a personal factor that can influence perceptions of stress?
A) work schedule
C) pace of work
D) job security
E) type A personality
20. All of the following is true of smoking employees except ________.
A) smokers make less disability claims than non-smokers
B) smokers are less healthy than non-smokers
C) smokers are absent more than non-smokers
D) smokers endanger the health of co-workers who inhale secondary smoke
E) smokers make more expensive health claims than non- smokers