Week 5 Assignment Instructions
Week 5: Literature Search, Rapid Critical Appraisal, and Summarization
Read these instructions carefully please
For this assignment, you will locate a minimum of 4 research articles related to the topic and PICOT questions that you developed in Week 2. The articles must be current (2002 to the present), and two articles must be quantitative, and two articles must be qualitative. These articles should be somewhat related to your PICOT questions.
PICOT Question Are children who have obese parents are at risk for obesity compare to children without obese parents between ages of birth to adolescence?
Articles use should relate to PICOT question above
The following two articles cannot be used they already where use for previous assignment
Danford, C. A., Schultz, C., & Marvicsin, D. (2015). Parental roles in the development of obesity in children: Challenges and opportunities. Research and Reports in Biology, 39. https://doi.org/10.2147/rrb.s75369
Datar, A., & Chung, P. J. (2018). Childhood self-control and adolescent obesity: Evidence from longitudinal data on a national cohort. Childhood Obesity, 14(4), 238-247. https://doi.org/10.1089/chi.2017.0217
· Articles used for one assignment can’t be used for the other assignments(students should find new research articles for each assignment).
· The selected articles should be original research articles. Review articles, meta-analysis, meta-synthesis, and systemic review should not be used.
· Mixed-methods studies should not be used.
There are two parts to this assignment.
Part 1: Complete a Rapid Critical Appraisal Checklist chart for each research article (4 total).Download the following files in the Worksheets, Forms, and Templates area at left:
· Rapid Critical Appraisal Checklist (pdf)
· Rapid Critical Appraisal Checklist (doc)
The files highlighted above are included you only need to use one of them to be fill for each article 4 articles 4 Critical Appraisal Checklist
Part II: Write a summary (2–3 pages)
· Describe the similarities and differences among the four research articles.
· Use current APA format to style your paper and to cite your sources.
· Submit the 4 completed charts along with your summary.
Review the rubric for further information on how your assignment will be graded.
Please the 4 articles use must be attached to the work they are needed to be turn in with the assignment
Meets or Exceeds Expectations Mostly Meets Expectations Below Expectations Does Not Meet Expectations
Description of the research problem and purpose of each research article
Research problem and purpose of each article are clearly identified.
Summary of the findings/conclusions/themes for each research article
Similarities and differences are summarized and present.
Mechanics and APA Format