1. If a problem requires a written response in text format, please use your own words to respond to the question. Copying exact statement from the solution manuals and turning it in as one’s own statement is recognized as plagiarism.
2. The default setting in Excel includes three sheets. To add additional sheets, select “Insert” in the menu bar and click on “Worksheet.” Please note there is a
3. Use the formula function of “Excel” to compute an answer. To enter a formula into a cell, place your cursor in that cell and press the equal (=) sign on your keyboard. This sign is located on the top right segment of the keyboard. The equal sign tells the computer that you are entering a formula. You may then add (+), subtract (-), multiply (*), or divide (/) depending on the calculation that needs to be completed. For instance, if you want to add E10 to E11, enter =E10+E11. Once you hit the enter key on your keyboard, the two cells will be added. To subtract, enter =E10-E11 and press the enter key. Alternatively, you may wish to use AutoSum function (located on the toolbar) to add up a range of cells. For example, if you want to add two or more cells, place your cursor in the cell that the total needs to appear and click on the AutoSum symbol. A symbol =SUM() will appear. You may then specify the range of cells that needs to be calculated and press the enter key.If you don’t use formulas for all the math functions in an excel assignment, there will be a loss of points.
4. Enter your name, the number of the problem or question, the course name (Financial Accounting 1), and my name in the top right-hand corner of each assignment.
5. Save each assignment on a storage media (a Zip disk, USB Key, etc,) using your last name and the problem number as the file name (e.g., Mayer_1-2A-use this one I will change it later). Please do not use MS Works in replacement of MS Office or Excel to complete the assignment as it cannot be opened in Excel. If you use Open Office, please make sure you save your file with an xls or xlsx extension.