For this short-answer Assessment, you will answer a series of short answer items to demonstrate your understanding of the healthcare policy-making process.
Access the following files and information in the resources section to complete this Assessment:
- Huntington’s Outreach Project for Education, at Stanford. (2012). Medical marijuana policy in the United States. Retrieved from http://web.stanford.edu/group/hopes/cgi-bin/hopes_test/medical-marijuana-policy-in-the-united-states/
- Highway Loss Data Institute. (2013). The effects of Michigan’s weakened motorcycle helmet use law on insurance losses. Bulletin, 30(9).
- Borck, N. C. (2014). Weaker helmet laws increase motorcycle fatalities. Retrieved from http://www.lhsfna.org/index.cfm/lifelines/june-2014/weaker-helmet-laws-increase-motorcycle-fatalities/
- Insurance Institute for Highway Safety Highway Loss Data Institute. (2015). Motorcycle helmet use. Retrieved from http://www.iihs.org/iihs/topics/laws/helmetuse
- Frieden, T. R., Fujiwara, P. I., Washko, R. M., & Hamburg, M. A. (1995). Special article: Tuberculosis in New York City—turning the tide. The New England Journal of Medicine, 333(4), 229–233.
- Cooker, R. (2000). Tuberculosis, culture, and coercion, 10(3), 161–163.