11. The Scanlon plan is an incentive plan that ________.
A) focuses on the sharing of benefits between employer and employees
B) contributes company shares of its own stock or cash to be used to purchase company stock to a trust established to purchase shares of the firm’s stock for employees
C) involves the firm distributing total annual profits each year among employees based on their merit rating
D) engages many or all employees in a common effort to achieve a company’s productivity objectives with any resulting cost-savings gains shared among employees and the company
E) provides tax advantages for employees by deferring income taxes, often until the employee retires
12) Which of the following is not a type of involvement system commonly used in gainsharing plans?
B) update meetings
C) pep rallies
E) steering committees
13. The Job Creation and Worker Assistance Act ________.
A) provides guidelines regarding what rates of return employers should use in computing their pension plan values
B) covers pension plans and requires employers to have written plan documents that establish terms such as eligibility and participation
C) prohibits an employer’s health plan from using incentives to encourage employees to leave the hospital after childbirth after less than the legislatively-determined minimum stay
D) sets minimum requirements for protecting individuals’ health-care data accessibility and confidentiality
E) limits the ability of health plans to set annual or lifetime maximums on mental and nervous disorder benefits
14. Capital One welcomes new employees on a designated day with balloons, parties, and pep rallies. This is an example of ________.
A) providing physical support
B) using stories
C) organizing ceremonies
D) clarifying expectations
E) using symbols
15. Jane is going through her annual appraisal process. Her supervisor follows a standard appraisal form that she believes is consistently applied to all employees. However, the appraisal seems unfair to her because her supervisor is so rude and harsh. Jane has judged the appraisal process as unfair based on an assessment of ________.
A) distributive justice
B) interpersonal justice
D) procedural justice
E) all of the above