discuss the role of management in creating an organization’s culture
Read the Point/Counterpoint on page 552 of your text:
Organizations Should Strive to Create a Positive Organizational Culture
Should organizations do all they can to establish a positive culture, because it works, or is building positive culture manipulative?
Your assignment is to write a five page paper arguing both points and ending with the role of management in the establishment of the organizational culture, incorporating the four functions of management(Planning, Organizing, leading and controlling) into this portion of the discussion.
- The first section should argue that an organization should do all they can to establish a positive culture.
- The next section should argue that building a positive culture is manipulative.
- Finally, the last section should discuss the role of management in creating an organization’s culture. Incorporate the four functions of management into this section of your paper.
I do not want a title page. Please just include your name, email address, and date in the top left-hand corner of the first page only. Papers should be double-spaced, 12 point font, Times New Roman with 1” margins on all four sides.
Supporting documentation is required: A minimum of 6peer-reviewed references must be cited within the paper – two peer-reviewed references for each of the three sections listed above.The peer-reviewed references should be cited within the paper using APA format for the citations within the paper and on the reference page.You may provide as many additional references as you like, as long as you meet the minimum number listed above. Again, the paper should be five pages in length. The reference page will count as page number six.
Finding a peer-reviewed reference:
Go to the library website:
The first section you see is titled “Finding Information.” In that section click on “….More.…”
Then click on “Find an Article.”
You will then be at the “Quick Search” page. You will see the search boxes where you enter the subject for which you are searching. You will also a blue box with “Quick Sets” where you may choose parameters for your search. In the middle column, you will see a “Scholarly Journals (including peer-reviewed)”. Select that parameter and then enter your search topics. The system will then search for all peer-reviewed journal articles related to your topic.
Your paper will automatically by submitted to turnitin.com when placed in your dropbox.
GRADING RUBRIC FOR TERM PAPER
- Writes a well thought-out paper that fully covers the chosen subjects
- Incorporates pertinent and detailed information from peer-reviewed sources and text(s), providing needed evidence.
- Maintains focus/avoids being sidetracked by tangents
- Presents all information clearly and concisely and in an organized manner
- Avoids distracting grammar/spelling/etc. problems
- Follows APA formatting guidelines exactly
- Provides more than the minimum of 6 peer-reviewed sources and additionally incorporates other sources
- Length of paper meets the requirement