Working together in groups requires cooperating and collaborating with others. It also requires motivation. Review this link, and then respond to the questions below.
Within the Discussion Board area, write 400–600 words that respond to the following questions with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. This will be the foundation for future discussions by your classmates. Be substantive and clear, and use examples to reinforce your ideas:
- Have you worked on either an amazing team or a horrific team? Reflecting on that experience or one you know about, describe the factors that lead to successful, effective teams (Leadership and Structure, Climate of Trust, Performance Evaluation/feedback etc.). Referring to your text, live chats, Intellipath and outside research, respond to the following:
- If the example is a positive experience on an effective team, describe the factors that contributed to that outcome. Highlight the key factors that most impacted team effectiveness. After researching the topic of effective teams, and any team can improve, explain one area of improvement for the team.
- If the example regards an ineffective team with problematic dynamics, describe the key areas the team needs to address to move toward being an effective team. Which improvement areas are the most important and why?
- Organizations use both manager and group decision making processes depending on the situation. Applying the text, explore the strengths and weaknesses of group decision making.
Unit 4 – Individual Project
Unit: Employee Performance
Working with organizations to improve the interactions of members and increase productivity through collaborative behavior is an essential role of management. You will need to pick an organization to use for this project. The organization you choose may be your current or former employer, or alternatively, an organization in which you volunteer or one about which you can easily find information through the school library, the Internet, or other sources.
Based on the organization you selected for this project, research and address the elements of organizational culture and structure that will improve interactions for leaders and employees. The text, Intellipath and MUSE are useful resources to begin your research. Write a 1200-1500 word paper that addresses the following:
- Based on the organization you selected for this project, describe the organizational culture, applying concepts from the course. To what degree does the organization’s culture drive employee alignment with the stated values and beliefs.
- Explain how organizational culture may result in functional or dysfunctional effects on people and the organization. Discuss issues important to creating an ethical and positive organizational culture. Use the culture of your selected organization as an example in your analysis.
- Based on the organization you selected for this project, describe and assess the effectiveness of the formal and informal structures in supporting employee performance.
Unit 4 Discussion Board
Unit: Business Organizations & Regulation
Within the Discussion Board area, write 400 to 600 words that respond to the following questions with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. This will be the foundation for future discussions by your classmates. Be substantive and clear, and use examples to reinforce your ideas.
As you reflect on your time at Phishy Pharmaceuticals, you decide it is time to move on with your career. You have always wanted to start you own restaurant business and be an entrepreneur. As an entrepreneur, you must decide whether the business should operate as one of the major forms of business organization, sole proprietorship, general partnership, limited partnership, limited liability partnership, limited liability company, or corporation, or under other available legal business forms.
Your selection depends on many factors, including the ease and cost of formation, the capital requirements of the business, the flexibility of management decisions, government restrictions, personal liability, tax considerations, and the like. You must choose one of the major forms of business that is best for your business. (For this assignment, you should not choose a sole proprietorship for your business entity.) In your initial Discussion Board post, you must address each of the following:
- The defining legal characteristics of your business entity
- The advantages and disadvantages of your legal business entity
- The operating agreement required by your entity
- Why that entity choice is the best for your business
3 different assignments 3 word docs