Write 8–12 pages on secure data transmission that address the following:
Part A: General Secure Data Transmission Questions
Complete the following:
- Describe encapsulation, encryption, and authentication in virtual private networks (VPNs) and how they support CIA.
- Explain how network hardening contributes to an overall security profile.
- Explain how network media controls contribute to the overall security profile of a network.
- Describe the steps involved in implementing network address translation (NAT).
- Explain the concept of attack timing (time to attack) and how it impacts integration of devices and networks with the public Internet.
- Explain strategies for implementing wireless in organizations that require the use of both public and private wireless.
Part B: Case Study Related Questions
Use the organization and characteristics described in the Case Study: Global Widgets Inc. document found in the Required Resources as the context in which to address the following:
- Describe critical technology components and procedures that are required to create an efficient and secure plan for merging the company’s public and private wireless networks.
- Explain the advantages and disadvantages of implementing a proxy server as part of a webmail implementation project.