Write a summary of each reading around 150-200 words.
1. Games managers play: Play as a form of leadership development. Academy of Management Learning & Education. September, 2011, V. 10, 507-527.
2. Make the most of team building. HR Magazine. September 2006, V. 51, p. 72.
3. 12 benefits of teambuilding. https://www.corporatechallenge.com.au/blog/12-benefits-team-building
4. Create a culture of trust. Leadership Excellence. April, 2008, V. 25, p. 14.
5. Overcome the 8 barriers to confidence. HBR Blog, January 3, 2014.
6. Building self-efficacy
7. Building employee confidence
8. Three keys to building trust.
9. How Pixar fosters collective creativity. Harvard Business Review. September, 2008, V. 86, p. 64-72.
10. Managing multicultural teams. Harvard Business Review. November, 2006, V. 84, p. 84.
11. Want high performing teams? Balance tasks and relationships
12. Are the Seattle Seahawks creating a new model for corporate culture? http://www.inc.com/dustin-mckissen/are-the-seattle-seahawks-creating-a-new-model-for-corporate-culture.html
13. We can measure the power of charisma. Harvard Business Review, Jan-Feb 2010, pp. 34-35
14. 7 tips for effective listening. Internal Auditor. August 2003, V. 60, p. 23.
15. Competition of collaboration: which will help your team produce better results?
16. More “boomerang” employees return to Microsoft as corporate culture shifts. Seattle Times, 3/3/18, Business Technology, by Rachel Lerman. https://www.seattletimes.com/business/microsoft/more-boomerang-employees-return-to-microsoft-as-corporate-culture-shifts/
17. Collaboration beats smarts in group problem solving
18. SMART goals.
19. Interesting video on motivation
20. What makes a leader? Harvard Business Review. January, 2004, V. 82, p. 82.
21. The Power of Introverts: http://www.ted.com/talks/susan_cain_the_power_of_introverts.html
22. What is psychological capital?
24. What you don’t know about making decisions. Harvard Business Review, Sept. 2001, v. 79, p. 108.
25. Level 5 leadership. Harvard Business Review. Jan 2001. V. 79, p. 66.
26. The agenda – Grassroots leadership. https://www.fastcompany.com/36897/agenda-grassroots-leadership
27. A critique of service learning projects in management education. Journal of Business Ethics. Jan 1996, V 15, p. 133.
1. Go to the SU Lemieux library online
2. Under “Research Tools,” click on “Articles and Databases”;
3. Under “Selected Subject Guides” choose “Business”;
4. Then under databases click on “Business Source Complete” to look for the articles (if you are off campus you need to login with your SU username and password) and begin searching!
The link of it:
SU Username: firstname.lastname@example.org