learn through sharing ideas and experiences as they relate to course content and the Discussion Board question. Classroom discussion in an online environment requires your active participation with classmates and your instructor to create robust interaction and dialogue.
The Discussion Board is part of the core of online learning. The purpose of the Discussion Board is to allow you to learn through sharing ideas and experiences as they relate to course content and the Discussion Board question. Classroom discussion in an online environment requires your active participation with classmates and your instructor to create robust interaction and dialogue. Students are highly encouraged to engage on the Discussion Board early and often, as that is the primary way the university tracks class attendance and participation. Because it is not possible to engage in two-way dialogue after a conversation has ended, no posts to the DB will be accepted after the end of each unit.
At a minimum, you will be expected to complete 3 posts during the unit: 1 original response to the Discussion Board question and 2 posts responding to classmates, following these guidelines:
Your original post must be at least 200 words in length. It must reference the text or course learning materials at least once. Please note that even if the question asks for an opinion, you are still expected to support opinions with references to course materials and any other credible academic sources to support your opinions. Do not use Internet sources other than those provided in the course materials. APA format is not necessary for your Discussion Board when citing references, but you are required to acknowledge your resources: In the narrative, describe where information was obtained. For example, “As mentioned in Chapter 2 of the course textbook, prioritizing tasks is…” or “As mentioned in the intellipath lesson for Unit 2…”
Your two response posts must be at least 75 words in length. Responses should contribute to the conversation by being reflective, specific, and engaging. Quick responses (such as “I agree” or “Thank you!”) will not be counted as adequate.
Your first contribution must be posted before midnight CST (Central time) on Friday of each week. You must make 2 additional posts—on separate days between Saturday and Tuesday—before midnight CST. The original response and the peer responses can be completed in any order.
For assistance in supporting your assignment, please use your text and all course materials.
After you have reviewed the Assignment Details below, click the Discussion Board link under the My Work heading above to make your post.
Review this tutorial on https://careered.libguides.com/c.php?g=742210&p=5309500
This DB has 4 parts
Professional development involves more than looking for work. It involves learning more and adapting to changing work environments. More and more organizations utilize small work groups to accomplish major tasks. With technology it’s no longer necessary for groups to meet physically in an office. Groups can be assigned with group members at separate locations throughout the globe. They are expected to take advantage of technology (email, chat rooms, web conferencing, etc.) to accomplish their mission(s).
To become better group/team members, we often must look at our past and evaluate our strengths and weaknesses. From your own professional perspective:
- Identify a time in which you worked with a group (work group, church group, school group, etc.) where the experience was unpleasant. Without naming anyone within the group summarize the group’s mission and then explain “why” you felt the group didn’t live up to its potential. Be specific in identifying issues.
- What could you personally have done differently that could have made the group more successful?
- Now, identify a time in which you worked with a group (work group, church group, school group, etc.) where the experience was pleasant. Without naming anyone within the group summarize the group’s mission and then explain “why” you felt the group lived up to its potential.
- How can participating in groups help you in not only succeeding in your current job, but help you in finding future employment?
In your own words, post a response to the Discussion Board, and comment on at least 2 other postings. You will be graded on both level of engagement and the quality of the contribution to the discussion.
Assignment CriteriaProficient DescriptorPoints
Quality of Main Post
Student’s main post meets or exceeds the following requirements:
- Responds completely to all of parts of discussion question (4 points)
- Communicates content information accurately and/or logically (4 points)
- Delivers a thoughtful response demonstrating insights and reflections (4 points)
- Connects to both key content concepts and personal experiences (4 points)
Response to Peers
Responds to a minimum of 2 peers (8 points per response)
- Substantive response (4 points)
- Furthers the conversation with peers. Examples could include (4 points):
- Provides additional resources
- Connects to key concepts
- Shares personal or professional experiences
- Contributes new information or perspective
- Presents a competing viewpoint
Support from Learning Resources
At least one post refers to course learning resources./4 pts.
Response is well-organized, clear, and free of grammatical and mechanical errors.
Posts demonstrate courtesy and respect for others.
/4 pts.Total40 points possible/40 pts.
There is no additional information to display at this time.