EXPLAIN THE IMPORTANCE OF APPLYING THE KNOWLEDGE LEARNED IN THE CLASSROOM TO CONTINUED PERSONAL AND CAREER DEVELOPMENT POTENTIAL.
1. Explain what the phrase “taking ownership of your learning” means to you.
2. To complete this assignment address the following using your own experiences.
· Explain how you set personal educational goals and monitor your own progress.
· Are you self-motivated to learn and understand; not only driven by grades or external praise?
· Do you push yourself to think deeper about issues and draw connections to your personal, academic, and professional lives?
· How do you view the instructor? Do you view the instructor as a guide, but yourself as the pursuer of deeper understanding? Do you consider the instructor the expert and you as the novice?
· Do you see a value in collaborative learning, pursuing knowledge through peer engagement and feedback? Do you see a difference in how deeply you explore a topic when you are alone vs. when you’re working in a group?
· What is your understanding of the scope of the University, its departments, and its learning philosophy and approach?
· Explain the importance of applying the knowledge learned in the classroom to continued personal and career development potential.
To help with this assignment, here are the readings from this week are: