DEFINE AND STATE THE PURPOSE OF AN ORGANIZATION COMPLETING A RISK ANALYSIS.
I have an assignment due by Wednesday Thanks
this document introducing this week’s content.
View a video on role-based access.
Read AHIMA article: HIPAA Security Rule Overview (2013 update).
View Office of Civil Rights video on the Security Rule of HIPAA.
HIM 2110 – Concepts and Principles of HIM
Unit 6: Assignment
Between the AHIMA article, OCR video and by doing a little more research, take one of these safeguards and answer the bulleted items below.
· Name the safeguard that was chosen.
· Define the safeguard that was chosen.
· List 5 examples of how a facility can meet this safeguard.
o Write one sample policy and procedure around the chosen safeguard.
§ Note: The purpose of healthcare policy and procedures is to communicate to employees the desired outcomes of the organization. (some healthcare P/P samples can be found at:
· Of the 5 that were listed, why are these important/what is the intent?
· Define and state the purpose of an organization completing a risk analysis.
Resources to use (plus additional research):
· AHIMA article – “HIPAA Security Rule Overview (2013 update): http://library.ahima.org/doc?oid=300262#.V_P55PkrJQI
Notice the Administrative, Physical, Technical and Organizational requirements and this is just for the Security side of HIPAA!
OCR video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWRn2r5R7ts&app=desktop