You will upload and record a video response along with the written portion of this assignment.
Part 1: You will be applying what you have learned in this course by gathering data and running a statistical analysis.
- To study the relationship between height and the weight of people you know, you need to collect a sample of nine (9) people using a systematic sampling method.
- Where and how are you going to collect your sample?
- Collect the sample and record the data.
- Construct a confidence interval to estimate the mean height and the mean weight. (CLO 1)
- Find the sample mean and the sample standard deviation of the height.
- Find the sample mean and the sample standard deviation of the weight.
- Construct a confidence interval to estimate the mean height.
- Construct a confidence interval to estimate the mean weight.
- Test a claim that the mean height of the people is not equal to 64 inches using the p-value method or the traditional method. (CLO 2)
- State H0 and H1.
- Find the p-value or critical value(s).
- Draw a conclusion.
- Find the correlation coefficient between the height and the weight.
- Construct the equation of the regression line and use it to predict the weight of a person who is 68 inches tall. (CLO 3)
- Write one to two paragraphs about what you have learned from this process.
- When you read, see, or hear a statistic in the future, what skills will you apply to know whether you can trust the result?
Part 2: Provide a video response that shows a step by step overview on how you create all of the components in step 2. Submit your video response along with your word document submission. Your video response MUST include a webcam component showing your face while completing the above requirements.