Assignment 3: Management Theory Analysis
- Provide a detailed overview of a particular theory used by managers to inform practice and review alternatives or solutions. Please be sure to choose a specific theory – not a theory group.
- As part of the detailed overview, include the definition of the theory, the major thought leaders/theorists who have contributed to the development of the theory, and areas of business and management where the theory is often applied. Lastly, provide a scenario where the theory might inform management practice within an organization or the organization to which you belong.
- As with all your Critical Thinking assignments you should have a cover page and a reference page, and follow APA guidelines.
- The body of the paper should be two pages in length. Please cite at least three library articles in your paper. Include a reference page and in-text citations. Remember, your thoughts, feelings, and opinions are not applicable in Critical Thinking assignments. Research and facts support critical thinking efforts.
Assignment 4: Critical Thinking Assignment
- Identify a professional journal that is relevant to this course’s field of study.
- Select a current (2010-2012) research article related to one of the four topics below. Read the article carefully and complete the Critical Thinking Research Evaluation Table.
– Organizational Culture and Ethics
– Leadership & Leadership Theories
– Management & Management Theory
– Strategy & Strategic Thinking
- Things to remember when completing the Critical Thinking Research Evaluation Table:
– Use academic writing style, clear and concise language, and well-constructed paragraphs (a minimum of three sentences are required to develop a paragraph).
– Ensure complete adherence to the CSU-GC graduate APA formatting standards.
– Limit the length to 400 to 600 words. Include a title page and reference page with the Critical Thinking Research Evaluation Table