1. Use the lists available at the Ready.gov website, FEMA, or the Red Cross website to gather items for your 72–hour home go bag. Add additional items that you think will be useful and essential for your family. (You are not required to purchase items, but you may if you choose.)
2. Post a picture of all of the items you have gathered for your go bag. For the sake of personal and family privacy, keep personal/private items out of the photograph; you may list them (e.g., prescription medications).
· You must take and submit a picture of your own items! You may not post a picture from the internet or any other source.
Along with your photo, include the following information:
· A discussion of the items in your home go bag – what is present and what is missing.
· A brief explanation of the demographic considerations and potential disaster hazards in your area and why you included certain items.
· Your family, pets, and living situation considerations and why you included certain items.
· Are you prepared to help others in your community in the event of a disaster?
Support your answers with evidence from scholarly sources.